Post Procedure Instructions – Endovenous Laser Ablation
2. The first night may be the most uncomfortable because of the extra compression applied. If you experience discomfort or swelling in the ankle or foot, please walk for 5-10 minutes. After this you may take an anti-inflammatory medication, such as Advil, Aleve, or Motrin. Tylenol may also be taken. While sitting, elevate your leg. When you sleep, you can elevate your leg on several pillows.
3. You are encouraged to walk at least 5-10 minutes every hour during the day or any combination totaling 60 minutes per day. Walking will help the leg’s recovery process. You should not rest entirely, but go about your daily activities. If you experience discomfort after your treatment, you may take an anti-inflammatory such as Advil, Aleve, or Motrin, or a pain reliever such as Tylenol. Do NOT take aspirin.
4. Avoid strenuous activities such as aerobics, weight training, or running for 2 weeks.
5. DO NOT lift anything over 20 pounds for two weeks.
6. In approximately 5-9 days, you may experience a pulling sensation (similar to muscle strain). This is a normal occurrence.
7. If you develop an area that is red, hot, swollen, or painful, please call us immediately. Bruising is normal.
8. If you have any questions or concerns after the procedure, please feel free to contact us.