Post Procedure Instructions – Ambulatory Phlebectomy
- After your procedure, your compression stocking will be applied, over which an ACE wrap will be placed. Leave this dressing in place for 48 hours.
- Wear compression stockings daily during waking hours for the next 2 weeks.
- Leave steri-strips in place. You may wash lightly over the steri-strips. If they fall off naturally that is OK. DO NOT pull off. You may remove if still in place after 7-10 days. If you have any reaction to the steri-strips such as itching, redness or blisters, please call the office.
- Avoid lower body weight training and heavy aerobics for 2 weeks.
- If you develop an area that is red, hot, swollen, or painful, please call us immediately. Bruising is normal.
- Scarring is minimal due to the small size incisions and the use of steri-strips instead of sutures. Fade time varies from patient to patient.
- NO direct sunlight on treated areas for 4 weeks.
- If you have any questions or concerns after your procedure, please feel free to contact us.